Content Strategy Case Study

This story began in January 2019. Transquip had already been a well-known company operating in New Zealand for over 20 years. They’ve contacted our agency for an SEO Audit. 


Among all the issues found when auditing the website, we discovered that it extremely lacked content. Most of the categories and subcategories pages contained just a couple of sentences – no field for SEO optimisation and enrichment of the content with the target keywords. This meant the website pages wouldn’t appear in Google search results for most of the queries related to Transquip business, and thus wouldn’t bring more organic traffic and increase the revenue. 


The website not only lacked content. The category and subcategory names also needed to be revised and optimised. So, the strategy was to perform keyword research for the niche, optimise the category names, create keyword rich content and upload it to the website.    

Keywords research

The client company operates within New Zealand only. Therefore, we had to focus on this location when performing keywords research. The keywords were divided into groups as per existing categories and subcategories list.

Content works I

Once keywords research was ready, we needed to create content briefs with the target keywords and detailed instructions and find the copywriters that would provide quality content. Initially, we planned to work on the 83 pcs of the website content. However, the client decided to change the website menu by modifying its structure. Therefore, the number of content pieces we had to work on was reduced to 62. We’ve found a copywriting agency and ordered content from them. Since there were many specific terms and details, we worked in tandem with a couple of Transquip representatives. Our team was responsible for the technical part: ordering content, checking it for all SEO requirements to be met. And the client’s reps were proofreading the content.

Menu optimisation

Once the Mega Menu plan was ready, we checked and suggested on how to optimise it so that it contains target keywords.
The client accepted most of our suggestions and the new menu went live.

Content works II

The next step was to create content for 27 subcategories. Since there were some new subcategories added, we needed to perform additional keywords research. The content production process didn’t differ from the one described above: content briefs creation, ordering, checking, proofreading and uploading the content. We finished publishing the new content in April 2020.

Onsite SEO works

Alongside all the content works we performed SEO Audit implementation – 22 tasks for fixing the errors and speed improvement. 

Also, after changing the main menu, we had to set all the redirects. 

Some of the tasks meant involving the developer, so the Transquip developer kindly helped us with them.  


The works were started in February 2019 and finished in April 2020. We can clearly see the definite increase in the number of keywords the website ranks for in Google TOP 100.

Below is the data we started with.

The average position – 79
The number of keywords in Top 10 – 51 keywords
The number of keywords in Top 100 – 146 keywords

These are the data we got in a year.

The average position – 65
The number of keywords in top 10 – 106 keywords
The number of keywords in Top 100 – 237 keywords

As a result of our efforts, the website started ranking for 444 new keywords.

133 keywords improved their positions.

There are 20 keywords on the Top 3 positions that improved or appeared as new ones during the time our works were done and several months after their completion.

As per Google Search Console report, there are 61 pure commercial keywords on Top 3 positions.

The number of users has increased as well

The number of clicks for non-branded commercial keywords started growing significantly right after we finished all the optimisation works.

The traffic value had increased as well.

Contact Us

Fields with * are required.

Stay Connected